Do you like the look of this mango and avocado salsa?
It's a creamy, guacamole-style avocado dip with chilli and lots of fresh herbs (basil, mint and coriander), beautiful sweet chunks of ripe, juicy mango, and lashings of zesty lime goodness.
Zesty lime, mango and avocado salsa:
- A large handful of basil, mint and coriander (about 20g each) - save a few leaves for garnishing
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped (or half a chilli if you're not keen on spice!)
- 3 very ripe avocadoes, stone removed and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 2 tbsp sour cream or yoghurt
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe mango
Put the herbs and chilli in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add the tomatoes, avocadoes, sour cream or yoghurt, lime juice and zest, and salt, and blitz until you have a fairly chunky purée. Taste and season - you may want a little more salt, herbs or lime juice. (If you don't have a food processor, finely chop the herbs, chilli and tomato by hand, then use a fork or whisk to mash them together with the avocado, sour cream/yoghurt, lime and salt.)
Peel and chop the mango into 5mm cubes. Stir into the avocado mixture, reserving a few mango pieces to scatter over the top. Garnish with a little extra chilli and/or herbs, and serve immediately.