Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Food Glorious Food

Hello avid readers. This is just a quick note to say that I'll be appearing in tonight's episode of Food Glorious Food, on ITV at 8pm. Tune in to see how my rhubarb and ginger crumble cheesecake fared with the show's formidable judges. If you miss it, fear not, you can catch up on itv player. And if you still miss it, then don't worry too much - the show has been widely slated by pretty much everyone who matters and is generally acknowledged to be a bit of a flop, so you're probably not going to have a giant hole in your life if you fail to watch. I'm also fairly certain I said some awkwardly embarrassing things and have been typecast as a horrifically middle class food snob, so maybe it's best that you don't watch (yes, I know I am a horrifically middle class food snob, but I try to pretend I'm not).

I'd be interested, however, if you do watch it, to see if you agree that Carol Vorderman (the show's presenter) and I look identical. I'm not so convinced, but perhaps this photo, taken during filming, will let you judge for yourselves:

So, if you like food, bunting, Carol Vorderman and home cooks making fools out of themselves and being lacerated by WI judges in cardigans, and want to see me possibly cycling around York with a baguette in my bike basket, tune into Food Glorious Food tonight at 8pm on itv.

A final note: if you don't watch the show, the accompanying cookbook is actually quite good. My cheesecake recipe is in it, which is reason enough to buy it. Even if they did misspell my name in giant letters.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

14 comments:

1. Haha love it! (you do look a bit like Carole!) Will definitely tune in to see how you got on :-)

2. Mallika Basu3 April 2013 14:11

Hilarious. You are better looking than Carol (and funnier)

3. nutmegs_seven3 April 2013 17:37

Haha! Thank you (I think!) :)

4. nutmegs_seven3 April 2013 17:37

Thanks! I hope it's suitably entertaining and not too embarrassing...!

ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it! Had this playing in the background and I suddenly felt like I was getting this weird sense of 'deja vu' or something... I was sure I recognised you from somewhere so I had to visit your blog and see! Anyway, that cheesecake looks delicious so I will definitely be attempting it :) Yum, rhubarb!

6. nutmegs_seven3 April 2013 21:10

That's amazing! Glad you liked the recipe, in MY opinion it's a winner anyway!

ReplyDelete
  7. Apologies for how stalker-ish that post made me sound... Personally your cheesecake was my favourite of the evening but then again I'd happily live off desserts if I could! It must have been a memorable experience though :)

8. nutmegs_seven3 April 2013 23:19

Haha not at all! I obviously believe the cheesecake was the best...it was indeed memorable, but not really for the right reasons - hideously stressful!

ReplyDelete
  9. I watched it on the itv player especially. Not the best of programmes but you were great! So was your rhubarb crumble cheesecake and M&S seemed to rate it as the best of the four. There is a little likeness between you and Carol in the photo above. How is your maths?!

10. nutmegs_seven4 April 2013 09:42

Thanks Katy! :) I know, so frustrating that M&S weren't judging it themselves! My maths is not a strong point unfortunately...but I make a good cheesecake so that's all that matters...right?!

ReplyDelete
  11. I love your recipe and think it was the best in the show and should have been picked but it is very similar to one I make from a recipe on This Morning a couple of years ago. Did you adapt that recipe or is this one your own invention? I have just found your blog and really like it.

12. nutmegs_seven16 April 2013 20:40

Really?! How strange, can you send me the recipe? Nope it was just my invention based on two things I like to eat! Really glad you like the blog!

ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elly, congratulations on this. I take it you're not yet allowed to say if you won the £20,000! I'm quite annoyed with FGF. I entered this dish

They came to my house, filmed, went away. Told me I'd been successful for the next stage, could I attend the regional heat on a date I'd already told them was unsuitable(the Harrogate one you were probably at). I was willing to travel anywhere the following weekend, only for them to say they'd changed the rules and I no longer fitted them!

Needless to say I haven't watched any of them unfortunately. I think I'll make a version of your cheesecake though. It's looks amazing.

14. nutmegs_seven17 April 2013 09:49

Oh dear, that sounds rubbish! To be honest, they weren't the most organised bunch of people so it doesn't really surprise me! What a shame though. As the show has already aired I can say that I sadly did not win, but it was probably for the best as I found the experience incredibly stressful! I hope you enjoy the cheesecake if you make it!

ReplyDelete

Please leave comments - they make my day.